Thursday 12 March 2009

energy, guys

London was huge, for many reasons. I don't really know how to approach writing about it. There are so many people who worked so hard to present our show there (and in every venue) and it truely was a dream of Tanja's to bring a work to Queen Elizabeth Hall. It felt wonderful to present the piece, but it's very rough to do it without her physical presence. Her nephews and neice, Luc, Merlin and Alina bought flowers to us onstage. It was the first time I had seen them since last October, they are so marvellous, I could not have been more touched than seeing their gorgeous faces appear out of the auditorium darkness. Hanging out with Kurt, Gerlinde, Boris and Adeline is rare and special time for us dancers. Patrick and Astrid were missed at our party! The whole weekend was just so exhilarating. I am on an emotional 'come down'. Today I just needed to hide in my room. Luckily there is a gorgeous view out the window.

Here is a happy crew, on way to Truro. Lisa, Sol, Bryan, Paul, Anton, Kris. Man my friends are hot.



This week we had our brilliant, talented friend Bryan Mason join us on tour. He and partner Sophie Hyde (closer productions) are making a documentary about Tanja. They worked with her, Sol and lots of our dance collegues extensively and I feel really safe about them taking on this subject. I said to Bryan I would not have let anyone else follow me with a camera and ask me questions about Tanja, and I meant it. They are absolutly terrific film-makers, but from a personal point of view I know they love her and us, which is important to me. They will make the documentary a complex, fascinating and beautiful piece and I think their relatedness to the subject will be a benefit rather than a distortion on the subject. 



Here she is then- the beautiful Tash, our ever diligent and delightfully light-hearted Production Manager, on as bus journey into the Shire.



Our Stage Manager, Blair has eluded me so far. I will stalk him and capture an image so you know who we are endlessly thanking all our working hours. I mean, the man has to wash our sweaty costumes for goodness sakes- obviously a medal is deserving.

I'm checking out to watch 'Grizzly Man' with some of the peeps in the hotel lounge.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment